Going Freelance: Building and Branding Your Own Success
ABOUT THIS CLASS
Now more than ever, we live in a freelance world. Eager to take the plunge or level up your own freelance game? Join Working Not Working’s Justin Gignac and Claire Wasserman for a 50-minute dive into the essentials of going it on your own.
Each video lesson shares stories, examples, and tips to spark your thinking about ways to seek out the work you want — and draw work back to you. You’ll leave inspired to:
• Develop a strong body of work with a clear mission and side projects
• Craft a portfolio that catches a recruiter’s eye
• Market yourself on social media
• Pitch traditional media
• Seize opportunities for authentic networking
• Set yourself up for financial success
This class is meant to be an overview, laying the foundation for going freelance and all the things to consider. The goal is to empower, enlighten, educate, and arm everyone with the itch to go freelance!
What is the next step in your freelance journey?
9 Videos (51m) – presented by Skillshare
Join Skillshare and get 2 Weeks of Skillshare Premium Membership FREE. Unlock unlimited access to this Premium class along with thousands of classes taught by creators from around the world. No commitments. Cancel anytime.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Justin Gignac is the co-founder of Working Not Working, an invite-only, real-time network of the most respected, most awarded and hardest working creatives in the business. Companies like Apple, Google, Airbnb, Facebook, Droga5, Wieden+Kennedy, R/GA, The New York Times, Kickstarter and Etsy use Working Not Working to manage their very nomadic workforce. Prior to starting WNW, Justin was an award-winning art director and creative director at ad agencies around the country. Perhaps best known for helping create the original ElfYourself.com and unleashing the world’s elf fetish, with over 800 million elves created. He also has gained notoriety for his various art projects, including NYC Garbage, Wants for Sale and Needs for Sale.
• INDUSTRY RESOURCE aims to inform and inspire you with recommendations of tools, products, and services to help you build a thriving business. From time to time we promote certain products and services via affiliate links, which means we earn a commission for any customers we refer and in turn, you help to support INDUSTRY RESOURCE when you purchase something through one of our links. Having said that, we take your trust very seriously so we only promote those products or services that we have investigated and truly feel deliver value to you.
Ratings and Reviews
Have you used this service or provider? Share your experience.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.