ABOUT THIS CLASS
Ready to raise money for your business? Join Union Square Ventures Managing Partner Albert Wenger and learn how to navigate the world of venture capital with confidence!
Why do businesses need financing? What are pros and cons of raising venture capital funding? How do you get started, and what are best practices for success? This friendly and informative 60-minute class is a perfect introduction to the world of fundraising—giving you insights, vocabulary, and tips you can put into action right away.
• Whether venture capital funding is right for your business
• How to get started with seed financing
• Best practices for meeting, pitching, and persuading investors
• How to navigate a term sheet
Lessons will be especially useful for aspiring entrepreneurs, founders, and enthusiasts curious about how promising companies get funded. It’s time to get your business ready for success!
ACTION: Tell us about your business!
16 Videos (1h 2m) – presented by Skillshare
Join Skillshare and get 2 Weeks of Skillshare Premium Membership FREE. Unlock unlimited access to this Premium class along with thousands of classes taught by creators from around the world. No commitments. Cancel anytime.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Albert Wenger is a partner at Union Square Ventures (USV), a New York-based early stage VC firm focused on investing in disruptive networks. USV portfolio companies include: Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, Etsy, Kickstarter, Shapeways, and Skillshare.
Before joining USV, Albert was the president of del.icio.us through the company’s sale to Yahoo. He previously founded or co-founded five companies, including a management consulting firm (in Germany), a hosted data analytics company, a technology subsidiary for Telebanc (now E*Tradebank), an early stage investment firm, and most recently (with his wife), DailyLit, a service for reading books by email or RSS.
Albert graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College in economics and computer science and holds a Ph.D. in Information Technology from MIT.
• INDUSTRY RESOURCE aims to inform and inspire you with recommendations of tools, products, and services to help you build a thriving business. From time to time we promote certain products and services via affiliate links, which means we earn a commission for any customers we refer and in turn, you help to support INDUSTRY RESOURCE when you purchase something through one of our links. Having said that, we take your trust very seriously so we only promote those products or services that we have investigated and truly feel deliver value to you.