-- Underlying Merchant Sales reached US $113.0 million, an increase of 188.5% compared to November 2019.
-- Black Friday 2020 represented the Company's single largest day of Underlying Merchant Sales and Active Consumers.
-- Active Consumers crossed the 2 million mark for the first time, as the Company has added over 1 million Active Consumers since February 2020.
Installment payment platform, Sezzle, is pleased to provide key performance metrics for the month of November and the four days of Black Friday/Cyber Monday (BFCM) weekend.
"We set new records over the month of November and the BFCM weekend, with UMS reaching a run-rate of US$1.36 billion (188.5% YoY growth), Active Consumers growing to over 2 million (151.5% YoY growth), and Active Merchants now exceeding over 24,800 (164.5% YoY growth)," stated Sezzle's Executive Chairman and CEO Charlie Youakim. "Our November UMS run-rate of US$1.36 billion is well ahead of our previous guidance of exceeding a UMS run-rate of US$1.0 billion by the end of 2020."
Sezzle achieved a number of records in November 2020:
• UMS reached US$113.0 million, an increase of 188.5% compared to November 2019. November represented the highest monthly UMS performance since the Company's inception.
• Annualized UMS reached US$1.36 billion, which is well ahead of the Company's 2020 guidance of achieving annualized UMS of US$1.0 billion.
• Active Consumers crossed the 2 million mark for the first time, as the Company has added over 1 million Active Consumers since February 2020.
• The Company continues to experience extraordinary growth in SMEs, as the number of Active Merchants reached 24,846 (up 164.5% YoY).
• Canada performed well, producing faster UMS growth rates (YoY and MoM) than the US.
Select Metrics for BFCM Weekend
• UMS for BFCM weekend (4 days) totaled US$28.5 million, a 146.4% increase compared to the same period last year.
• BF 2020 represented the Company's single largest day of Underlying Merchant Sales and Active Consumers.
"In addition to our record setting performance in November and over BFCM weekend, we are extremely excited about the direction of our business, as we recently partnered with GameStop and eCommerce platform Wix," noted Mr. Youakim. "Sezzle is now offered at GameStop's network of more than 3,300 U.S. retail stores, its online store, and in the GameStop mobile app. Our integration on Wix is available to all Wix merchants in the United States, Canada, India and in the future will be available in other regions as Sezzle expands internationally."